All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card online via PayPal (if you want to pay by card, please select the PayPal option), check, or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
- This training has passed.
Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care
May 2, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree
The Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care training explores attitudes, beliefs and myths around breastfeeding and provides specific procedures and techniques for how child care programs can provide a breastfeeding supportive environment for families and staff. The training will include information on:
- The importance of exclusive breastfeeding and the benefits for child, mother and the family.
- Recognizing and responding appropriately to infant feeding cues.
- How to use and when to update the infant feeding plan.
- The proper storage, labeling and preparation of human milk for feeding.
- How to appropriately introduce solid foods with continued breastfeeding for one year or longer, as desired by families.
- How to communicate with families to support breastfeeding and lactation goals.
- The benefits of implementing a breastfeeding friendly child care policy.
- Access to infant feeding resources for child care staff, parents and employers that support all families.
- The benefits of and how to apply for the new Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Designation
Date: May 2, 2019 from 6:30-8:30
Registration Deadline: April 30th 5:00 pm
Credit Hours: 2.0
If you have any questions, please contact Pam at 919-542-7449 ext. 117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.