All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card (online), check or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
Prevention and Response to Food Allergies (Virtual)
August 8 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Participants will learn to recognize signs and symptoms of severe allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis. They will become familiar with proper storage and documentation for epinephrine auto-injectors. They will learn proper response to allergic reactions and emergency follow up procedures. This training does not prepare participants to give medication to children. Additional in-depth, in-person, skills based training should be undertaken by early educators who will be responsible for giving medication to children. This is the same training that you can access on moodle but more fun and easier to access. This training will count for Health and Safety content area #3 Prevention and response to emergencies due to food and allergic reactions.
Presented by: Miranda Lanning
DCDEE Credit Hours: 1.0
Registration Deadline: Thursday, August 4th at 5pm
Everyone who registers will receive an email one or two days prior to the training with instructions and a zoom link. If you have not received the zoom link on the day of the training please email Meredith@chathamkids.org before 5pm.
Virtual Training Requirements & Expectations
- Access to a mic and/or chat box is required during the entire length of the training.
- Virtual Trainings will involve numerous types of activities that must be completed to receive credit for the training. These may include verbal and/or chat responses, group polls, and breakout room discussions to name a few.
- Each participant’s involvement will be tracked throughout the training.
- Chat box responses will be accepted as active involvement for individuals who do not have a microphone.
- The Presenter may join breakout rooms to monitor participation.
- Completion of the pre & post surveys and teacher evaluation must be completed after the training to receive your training certificate.