All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card (online), check or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
- This training has passed.
New Teacher Orientation, Class A
October 22, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Child care directors do you need help with new employee orientation? Is it hard for you to find the time to give employees the proper orientation they need to be a successful part of your program? The Chatham County Partnership for Children is now offering a no cost new teacher orientation program. We can provide up to 9 clock hours of orientation which includes 8 topics required by the Division of Child Development and Early Education. We will be offering these topics across three different 3-hour classes. You may send your new employee to any combination of classes. This is opportunity is only available to new employees in Chatham County child care centers.
Class A: Introduction *
- Active supervision of children
- Prevention of shaken baby syndrome, abusive head trauma and child maltreatment
- Prevention and control of infectious diseases
- Building relationships with young children
Class B: Rules and Activities *
- Child care rules and regulations
- Role of state and local government
- Employee’s obligation to cooperate with state and local government
- Developmentally appropriate practices
- North Carolina Foundations for Early Learning and Development
Class C: Enhanced Standards *
- Environment Rating Scale
- Star rating system
- Prevention of and response to emergencies due to food allergies and allergic reactions
- Chatham County Partnership for Children services
*The director will still be responsible for completing additional orientation hours and topics required in the first 2 weeks and 6 weeks of employment.
Classes A, B, and C will be offered on an ongoing basis. The first round of classes will be:
Class A- Tuesday, October 22nd, 8:30-11:30
Class B- Tuesday, November 5th, 8:30-11:30
Class C- Tuesday, November 19th, 8:30-11:30
To register a new employee call Meredith or Pam at 919-542-7449 ext 116 or 117 or email Meredith@chathamkids.org or Pam@chathamkids.org. We are not taking online registrations for these classes.