All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card (online), check or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
- This training has passed.
Language Development and Communication in Infants and Toddlers: What are they talking about? -Virtual Zoom Training
April 27 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree
It starts with crying, cooing, and babbling, and then you finally hear their first words! Sharing those language milestone moments can be some of our best experiences as infant and toddler teachers. During this training you will learn how children birth to three develop their language and communication skills and gain strategies to support development in this domain for all infants and toddlers. In addition, participants will discuss how their current classroom practices support children’s language development and communication skills.
Presented by: Kris Lee
DCDEE Credits: 2.0
Registration Deadline: Friday, April 23 at 5pm
Everyone who registers will receive an email two or three days prior to the training with instructions and a zoom link.
Virtual Training Requirements & Expectations
- Access to a mic and/or chat box is required during the entire length of the training.
- Virtual Trainings will involve numerous types of activities that must be completed to receive credit for the training. These may include verbal and/or chat responses, group polls, and breakout room discussions to name a few.
- Each participant’s involvement will be tracked throughout the training.
- Chat box responses will be accepted as active involvement for individuals who do not have a microphone.
- The Presenter may join breakout rooms to monitor participation.
- Completion of the pre & post surveys and teacher evaluation must be completed after the training to receive your training certificate.
NOTE: If no active participation is observed (i.e. chat box responses, verbal responses, polls) and surveys are not completed, then participants will not receive credit even if they were logged into the training for the entire time period of the training.