All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card (online), check or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
- This training has passed.
Calling All Smile Crusaders- Virtual Training
May 11 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Baby teeth are important! Hear the latest on early childhood oral health- everything from national statistics to policies of the American Academy of Pediatrics and American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. If you work with young children you need to know this basic information and how you can help prevent tooth decay. At the end of this learning event you will be able to:
- Describe the most common chronic childhood diseases.
- Explain why baby (primary) teeth are important.
- Describe the best way to prevent tooth decay.
- Explain why the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends pacifiers.
- Identify resources for early childhood oral health information.
Presented by: Tamara Hill, RDH, BS, Public Health Dental Hygienist
DCDEE Credit Hours: 1.0
Registration Deadline: Friday, May 7, 2021
Everyone who registers will receive an email two or three days prior to the training with instructions and the meeting link.
Virtual Training Requirements & Expectations
- Access to a mic and/or chat box is required during the entire length of the training.
- Virtual Trainings will involve numerous types of activities that must be completed to receive credit for the training. These may include verbal and/or chat responses, group polls, and breakout room discussions to name a few.
- Each participant’s involvement will be tracked throughout the training.
- Chat box responses will be accepted as active involvement for individuals who do not have a microphone.
- The Presenter may join breakout rooms to monitor participation.
- Completion of the pre & post surveys and teacher evaluation must be completed after the training to receive your training certificate.
NOTE: If no active participation is observed (i.e. chat box responses, verbal responses, polls) and surveys are not completed, then participants will not receive credit even if they were logged into the training for the entire time period of the training.