All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card (online), check or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
- This training has passed.
Introduction to Foundations for Early Learning and Development Part 1 and 2
May 13, 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pmFree
This training is in two parts. You must attend both part 1 and 2 to receive credit. Part two is on Monday May 20th, same time and place.
This 5-hour course will provide participants with an introduction to Foundations, North Carolina’s Early Learning and Development expectations, how they are structured, and how to implement them in early childhood settings. Participants will
- Define what a learning expectation is and why we have and use learning expectations.
- Demonstrate how foundations reflects what is known about childhood development.
- Explain that goals for any age level describe expectations that many child will reach toward the end of their respective age level.
- Describe how foundations can be used for differentiation and individualization and to help children with cultural, linguistic and ability diversity.
- Explain how foundations is aligned to Common Core and NC’s Essential Standards- but do not require teachers of younger children to teach those standards.
Presented by: Meredith Williams
Credit Hours: .5 CEU’s (equal to 5.0 contact hours)
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, May 8 at 5pm