All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card online via PayPal (if you want to pay by card, please select the PayPal option), check, or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
- This training has passed.
Cancelled- How are You? How am I? (Virtual)
October 21, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$5.00
Most preschool teachers are diligent about introducing their students to a large variety of literature and pre-literacy activities. But emotional literacy – the ability to identify, understand and respond to emotions in yourself and others in a healthier manner – is even more basic to school readiness. We’ll examine the many benefits to children who gain a strong foundation in emotional literacy, explore simple in which you can foster emotional literacy in your classroom, and share some excellent resources for tools and activities teachers can incorporate into their daily classroom curriculum to make intentional teaching of emotions fun and easy.
Presented by: Betsy Sanville and Ann Carter
DCDEE Credit Hours: 2.0
Registration Deadline: October 19th at 5pm
Everyone who registers will receive an email one or two days prior to the training with instructions and a zoom link. If you have not received the zoom link on the day of the training please email Meredith@chathamkids.org before 5pm.
Virtual Training Requirements & Expectations
- Access to a mic and/or chat box is required during the entire length of the training.
- Virtual Trainings will involve numerous types of activities that must be completed to receive credit for the training. These may include verbal and/or chat responses, group polls, and breakout room discussions to name a few.
- Each participant’s involvement will be tracked throughout the training.
- Chat box responses will be accepted as active involvement for individuals who do not have a microphone.
- The Presenter may join breakout rooms to monitor participation.
- Completion of the pre & post surveys and teacher evaluation must be completed after the training to receive your training certificate.
NOTE: If no active participation is observed (i.e. chat box responses, verbal responses, polls) and surveys are not completed, then participants will not receive credit even if they were logged into the training for the entire time period of the training.