All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card (online), check or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
Building and Physical Premises Safety (Virtual)
February 7 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Participants will learn methods to recognize and minimize common hazards that exist in the building and physical premise of early care and education settings. They will learn about hazards from fire/burns, lead, chocking/suffocation, slips/trips/falls or injuries outdoors, water and sun, and transportation. They will learn how to create safe indoor and outdoor learning environments. Same materials as seen on Moodle platform.
Participants will learn:
1. How to create a safer physical environment indoors and outdoors.
2. Examples of common hazards that can cause injury to young children.
3. How to prevent injury and promote safe practices.
Presented by: Maranda Lanning
DCDEE Credit Hours: 1.0
Registration Deadline: Thursday, February 3rd at 5pm
Everyone who registers will receive an email one or two days prior to the training with instructions and a zoom link. If you have not received the zoom link on the day of the training please email Miranda.email@example.com before 3pm.
Virtual Training Requirements & Expectations
- Access to a mic and/or chat box is required during the entire length of the training.
- Virtual Trainings will involve numerous types of activities that must be completed to receive credit for the training. These may include verbal and/or chat responses, group polls, and breakout room discussions to name a few.
- Each participant’s involvement will be tracked throughout the training.
- Chat box responses will be accepted as active involvement for individuals who do not have a microphone.
- The Presenter may join breakout rooms to monitor participation.
- Completion of the pre & post surveys and teacher evaluation must be completed after the training to receive your training certificate.
NOTE: If no active participation is observed (i.e. chat box responses, verbal responses, polls) and surveys are not completed, then participants will not receive credit even if they were logged into the training for the entire time period of the training.