All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card online via PayPal (if you want to pay by card, please select the PayPal option), check, or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
November 2nd 2023 Strength Based Teaching (IN PERSON)
November 2 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$5.00
As an educator in the classroom, what is in your control? Children have many differences when it comes to their skills and interests. Their strengths can impact their ability to learn and develop. In this training, you will learn how to teach to a child’s strength, what this might look like and some easy tips on creating and maintaining this practice. By using this technique, you can lessen the challenging behavior or at least look at it through a different lens.
Presented by: Jillian Stein
Location: Pittsboro Department of Social Services 102 Camp Drive (Go behind the left side of the building to locate the training room. Call 984 282.6589 if you have any difficulty.)
Registration Deadline: Tuesday Oct. 31st at 5pm
Registration Fee: $5.00
DCDEE Credit Hours: 2.0
Protocol for in person training
- Training participants only- no guest will be permitted.
- Training participants must be fever free with no COVID-19 symptoms.
- Training participants will not be permitted entrance any earlier than 15 prior to training.
- Participants who are more than 10 minutes late will not be permitted entry into the training room.
- Training participants must bring their own pen.