All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card (online), check or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
- This training has passed.
Online Zoom Training- Causes of Misbehavior: Why do they act that way?
October 28, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$5.00
Why do some children come to depend on challenging behaviors while others discover better, more effective ways to get what they want? Generally, children use negative behaviors when they lack the skills that would help them meet their needs. Teachers who take time to assess the reasons for misbehavior are better able to teach children new social-emotional skills. This session focuses on the common reasons that children misbehave, a crucial first step in determining how to prevent/reduce challenging behaviors.
Presented by: Ann Carter and Betsy Sanville
DCDEE Credit Hours: 2.0
Registration Deadline: Monday, October 26th at 5pm
Everyone who registers will receive an email two or three days prior to the training with instructions and a zoom link.
Virtual Training Requirements & Expectations
- Access to a mic and/or chat box is required during the entire length of the training.
- Virtual Trainings will involve numerous types of activities that must be completed to receive credit for the training. These may include verbal and/or chat responses, group polls, and breakout room discussions to name a few.
- Each participant’s involvement will be tracked throughout the training.
- Chat box responses will be accepted as active involvement for individuals who do not have a microphone.
- The Presenter may join breakout rooms to monitor participation.
- Completion of the pre & post surveys and teacher evaluation must be completed after the training to receive your training certificate.
NOTE: If no active participation is observed (i.e. chat box responses, verbal responses, polls) and surveys are not completed, then participants will not receive credit even if they were logged into the training for the entire time period of the training.