All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card (online), check or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
- This training has passed.
Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care
April 20 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree
The Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care training explores attitudes, beliefs, and myths around breastfeeding and provides specific procedures and techniques for how child care programs can provide a breastfeeding supportive environment for families and staff. The training will include information on:
- The importance of exclusive breastfeeding including the benefits for child, mother, and the family;
- Recognizing and responding appropriately to infant feeding cues;
- How to use and when to update the infant feeding plan;
- The proper storage, labeling and preparation of human milk for feeding;
- How to appropriately introduce solid foods with continued breastfeeding for one year or longer, as desired by families;
- How to communicate with families to support breastfeeding and lactation goals;
- The benefits of implementing a breastfeeding friendly child care policy;
- Access to infant feeding resources for child care staff, parents, and employers that supports all families.
Presented by: Dorothy Rawleigh
DCDEE Credit Hours: 2.0
Registration Deadline: Thursday, April 16th at 5pm