After considering the advice of experts on how best to protect the health of our staff and the children and families we serve from COVID-19, Chatham County Partnership for Children has the following actions effective March 16, 2020 through March 31, 2020
- We are following NC Department of Health and Human Services recommendation to use teleworking technologies to the greatest extent possible. Our office is open but access is restricted. Only a limited number of staff (6) will be in the office at any one time using social distancing practices. We are not accepting outside visitors or hosting meetings, the doors are locked to the public.
- The best way to reach us during this period is by email since most of us are teleworking. Please reference this staff page as needed.
- We have plans to check mail, make check deposits, and cut checks with no disruption of payments from the Agency.
- All non-essential professional development trainings scheduled through April 30, 2020 are canceled or postponed. Essential professional development trainings will be offered via video conferencing to the extent possible.
- NCPK remains open for application submission and all incoming applications will be processed. APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE MAILED OR EMAILED. The application is available here for download.
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library enrollment also remains open, applications may be made online or mailed.
- In-person Technical Assistance staff visits to child care facilities are canceled until further notice. Staff is available via phone, video conferencing, and email to provide support when needed.
- All Partnership hosted meetings and events for the next 30-45 days will be virtualized, rescheduled, or canceled.
Jordan Lake 12 Hour on April 18 and Day of the Books on April 25 have been canceled.
We recognize the disruption this is causing our community and did not take these decisions lightly. This is a fluid situation and dates may be extended. We will continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation in our community and provide updates as needed.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to Executive Director, Genevieve Megginson, Genevieve@chathamkids.org if you have questions.
Thank you as we work together to protect the health of our community.