Thanks to everyone who made our 2018 event a success and helped us raise funds to support early education!
See you on April 13, 2019!
12-Hour & 6-Hour
Individuals & Teams
April 14, 2018, 7:00 am
Chatham County Partnership for Children
USATF Sanctioned & Certified
How much distance can you cover in 6 or 12 hours? Find your own challenge at Jordan Lake. Or multiply the fun and find two friends to make a 3-person team. Rest when you want, eat when you want, run or walk when you want and go as far as your aching body will take you in 6 or 12 hours.Register
The course will be the same as in 2017. It is a 1.35-mile loop on old road bed and trail and is USATF Certified. It is a flatter course than our original course which means more miles for you!
If you would like to explore the course using Google Earth, we can email you the .kml file. Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will also have to download the Google Earth Plugin if you have not already.
This will be our second year at our new venue. Jordan Lake Educational State Forest is located at 2832 Big Woods Road, Chapel Hill, NC, in northeastern Chatham County, about 13 miles south of Chapel Hill or 30 miles west of Raleigh. Parking will be in front of their Stan Adams Training Facility and the Aid and Timing Stations will be located at the Picnic Shelter.
To navigate to the race venue, please use the street address or the name “Jordan Lake Educational State Forest.” Do not use the term “Jordan Lake” only, as the lake has many other recreational areas which are miles away from the race venue.
Awards will be given for the greatest distance covered in the following categories:
- 12-Hour individual male overall
- 12-Hour individual female overall
- 12-Hour individual Chatham County resident (any gender)
- 12-Hour relay team
- 6-Hour individual male overall
- 6-Hour individual female overall
- 6-Hour individual Chatham County resident (any gender)
- 6-Hour relay team
The award ceremony for each event will immediately follow the end of that event (at the end of 6 and 12 hours).
All registered participants will receive a sport wicking race shirt (if registered by March 29). No awards or shirts will be mailed.
Friday, April 13
3:00-5:00 pm Early packet pick up at Chatham County Partnership for Children, 220 Chatham Business Drive, Pittsboro (new office)
Saturday, April 14
6:00-6:45 am Packet pick up at Picnic Shelter
7:00 am Race begins
1:00 pm 6-hour event ends; award ceremony
7:00 pm 12-hour event ends; award ceremony
The aid station will be located at the Picnic Shelter. Our aid crew will be there for the entire 12 hours with a variety of food and drinks, cheering you on and offering any support we can. Near the Picnic Shelter there are plenty of uncovered picnic tables where you can set up your own aid. Pizza will arrive around noon and 5:00 p.m. Restrooms and portable toilets will be available nearby.
- The distance after last FULL lap completed at the 6 or 12 hour mark will be the official finish distance. There will be no credit for partial laps.
- Relay teams consist of 3 people.
- Relay teams may take turns in whatever order they wish to create a total team distance. Team members must carry a lightweight baton with timing chip to facilitate accurate counting of the team distance. They may only hand off the baton at the Timing Station.
- Runners may only switch between the 12-Hour and 6-Hour events using Ultrasignup.com prior to the registration deadline on April 12. No switching of events will be allowed on race day.
- Please notify event staff if you abandon the race prior to the finish time.
- All runners in the individual competition must wear a bib number visibly at all times.
- Please, no littering. Any food, gel packets, tissues or other items you take into the woods should come out with you. There will be trash cans provided in various locations.
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed at Jordan Lake Educational State Forest.
The local fire department will be on site the entire 12 hours for first response. The course crosses park roads in a few places, and signs will be posted to warn drivers.
Fees & Registration
Online registration will close on Thursday, April 12 at 11:59 pm, or when filled. Registration will be limited to 100 runners inclusive of relay team members. There will be no wait list. Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
|Registration Fees||By March 17 11:59 pm||Starting March 18|
|Individual (6 or 12 hours)||$75||$90|
|3-person Team (6 or 12 hours)||$200||$240|
Jordan Lake has several great State Park campgrounds, but they all lock their gates overnight and do not open them until 8:00 am, making it impossible to camp there the night before the race. If, however, you want a place to stay after the race, the campgrounds are a great choice.
For the night before the race, look for lodging in Pittsboro, Apex or Chapel Hill.
About Chatham County Partnership for Children
Chatham County Partnership for Children promotes opportunities for all our young children to grow up safe, healthy, and able to succeed. We are home to Smart Start, Child Care Resource & Referral, NC Pre-K, the Child and Adult Care Food Program, Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library and Raising a Reader. To learn more, explore our website.
Erin Dawkins Suwattana/Chatham County Partnership for Children
919-542-7449 ext. 114
Aid Station Captain:
Doug Dawkins/The Boogie Races
Professional Race Timing:
Ultra Timing Professionals
Please direct all inquiries to the race director.