Chatham County Partnership for Children is a sponsoring agency for child care centers and homes to participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program.

What is the CACFP?

The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) is a federally funded program which is administered and funded by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Nutrition Service. The purpose of the program is to ensure that eligible children and adults who attend qualifying non-residential care facilities receive nutritious meals.

How Does CACFP Benefit Children?

Children in child care homes and centers that participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program:

  • Receive nutritious meals and snacks in spite of rising food costs.
  • Develop good eating habits.
  • Learn about nutrition and making good food choices.
  • Develop strong bodies, good teeth, and alert minds.
  • Have parents who can be assured that their children are receiving nutritious meals and snacks as part of their daily care, without extra expense to them.

How Does CACFP Benefit Child Care Providers?

Through the CACFP, Chatham County Partnership for Children provides child care facilities with:

  • On-site training and assistance in menu planning and record-keeping
  • Monthly reimbursement for meals served that meet USDA requirements
  • Access to and training in Minute Menu software for record keeping

Can I Participate?

If you wish to begin participating in the CACFP with our sponsorship, please contact us. We will be happy to answer your questions.

Tammy Matthews, Food Program Manager
919-542-7449 ext. 115


USDA Programs Nondiscrimination Statement

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or if all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.) If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at