All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card online via PayPal (if you want to pay by card, please select the PayPal option), check, or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
- This training has passed.
Having Meaningful Conversations with Children- Virtual Zoom Training
January 14, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$5.00
When adults engage children using meaningful conversations, you help to grow their language skills and improve their cognitive development. In this training session we will follow the Cox Campus videos series to learn about the TALK method to meaningful conversations. Tune in, Ask questions, Lift up language, and Keep it going.
Through this training you will have the opportunity to learn:
- How to incorporate complex vocabulary in conversations in a meaningful way
- How to connect with children and invite them into conversations
- How to adapt the TALK strategy to each child’s unique needs
This video series was created by Cox Campus and The Rollins Center for Language and Learning
Facilitated by: Meredith Williams
DCDEE Contact Hours: 2.0
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, January 12th at 5pm
Everyone who registers will receive an email two or three days prior to the training with instructions and a zoom link.
Virtual Training Requirements & Expectations
- Access to a mic and/or chat box is required during the entire length of the training.
- Virtual Trainings will involve numerous types of activities that must be completed to receive credit for the training. These may include verbal and/or chat responses, group polls, and breakout room discussions to name a few.
- Each participant’s involvement will be tracked throughout the training.
- Chat box responses will be accepted as active involvement for individuals who do not have a microphone.
- The Presenter may join breakout rooms to monitor participation.
- Completion of the pre & post surveys and teacher evaluation must be completed after the training to receive your training certificate.
NOTE: If no active participation is observed (i.e. chat box responses, verbal responses, polls) and surveys are not completed, then participants will not receive credit even if they were logged into the training for the entire time period of the training.