All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card (online), check or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
- This training has passed.
Increase Children’s Active Learning with KWL Charts- Virtual Online Training
February 23 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm$5.00
When children can build on what they already know as a foundation for new learning on a topic that piques their curiosity, learning becomes fun.
Using Know/Want/Learn (KWL) charts as a way to structure and motivate learning is an easy strategy for teachers to implement in a preschool classroom.
In this training teachers will learn:
- What types of topics or themes work well with the KWL method
- How to implement the KWL as a curriculum tool
- How to use the KWL technique to motivate children in their own learning
- Benefits of using the KWL technique to build on children’s prior knowledge
Presented by: Pam Anderson
DCDEE Credit Hours: 1.5
Registration Deadline: Friday, February 19 at 5pm
Everyone who registers will receive an email two or three days prior to the training with instructions and a zoom link.
Virtual Training Requirements & Expectations
- Access to a mic and/or chat box is required during the entire length of the training.
- Virtual Trainings will involve numerous types of activities that must be completed to receive credit for the training. These may include verbal and/or chat responses, group polls, and breakout room discussions to name a few.
- Each participant’s involvement will be tracked throughout the training.
- Chat box responses will be accepted as active involvement for individuals who do not have a microphone.
- The Presenter may join breakout rooms to monitor participation.
- Completion of the pre & post surveys and teacher evaluation must be completed after the training to receive your training certificate.
NOTE: If no active participation is observed (i.e. chat box responses, verbal responses, polls) and surveys are not completed, then participants will not receive credit even if they were logged into the training for the entire time period of the training.