Request for Proposals: Qualified CPR and First Aid Instructor
Background and Purpose
Established in 1994, the Chatham County Partnership for Children (CCPC) is a public, private non- profit organization, which administers Smart Start funds and services for children ages birth through five and their families in Chatham County, North Carolina. Smart Start is North Carolina’s statewide, award-winning early childhood initiative. Effective January 1, 2016, Chatham County Partnership for Children merged with the former nonprofit, Child Care Networks, and now serves as the lead Resource and Referral Agency for Region 13 (a 5-county region including Chatham, Lee, Harnett, Johnston, and Wayne Counties). CCPC also serves as the contractor for the NC Pre- Kindergarten Program in Chatham County and is a Sponsoring Organization with the Child Care and Adult Food Program (CACFP) supporting child care facilities in 12 NC counties.
The mission of CCPC is to work with our community partners and families to ensure that all children enter school healthy and ready to succeed. Governed by a 16–member Board of Directors, the Partnership primarily focuses its services on children birth to age 5 (kindergarten entry) who live in Chatham County.
Chatham County Partnership for Children is seeking a qualified Pediatric CPR and First Aid Instructor to provide Pediatric CPR and First Aid Trainings every six to eight weeks to Child Care Providers in Chatham County. To be considered for a contract, the instructor MUST be certified by one of the following approved agencies:
➢ American Academy of Pediatrics
➢ American Heart Association
➢ American Red Cross
➢ American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI)
➢ Emergency Care & Safety Institute (ECSI)
➢ Emergency First Response
➢ First Response Training International
➢ Medic First Aid
➢ National Safety Council
➢ Safety Institute, USA
What We Need/Want
We seek a qualified Pediatric CPR and First Aid Instructor to provide Pediatric CPR and First Aid Trainings every six to eight weeks to Child Care Providers in Chatham County. To be considered for a contract, the instructor MUST be certified by one of the above approved agencies. Distance learning (pre-recorded training) is not permitted for CPR or First Aid, so we are seeking someone who can provide these courses in-person in Chatham County.
For the course to be valid for Child Care Providers, meeting NC Child Care Requirements, a completion card/certificate is required that reflects successful completion of the course, following the approved organization’s standards for the specific course. Instructors will be responsible for providing these completion cards/ certificates.
- Instructor will provide Pediatric CPR/First Aid trainings to Child Care Providers every six to eight weeks
- Instructor will provide completion cards/certificates to participants within 10 business days
The Chatham County Partnership for Children will compensate the organization or individual after each training based on the number of participants. The must furnish the Chatham County Partnership for Children with a participant attendance sheet and invoice to receive payment. The attendance sheet and invoice should be provided within five business days of course completion to ensure timeline payment and issue if completion cards/certificates.
Compensation for the work is not expected to exceed $4,000.
Responding to the RFP
Proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Individuals/organizations responding to the RFP should provide the following:
1) Describe your background and qualifications to complete the work.
- Organization through whom the instructor is certified (MUST be certified through one of the above listed organization).
- Experience in providing adult training and education.
2) Describe your CPR and First Aid Course.
- What is the format of your course?
- Please describe the materials and supplies used in your Pediatric CPR/First Aid Course
- What are the minimum and maximum number of participants you can accept in your course? How many participants per mannequin do you assign in your course?
3) Per person cost of your proposed services. The Chatham County Partnership for Children will pay on a per participant basis.
4) Please provide two to three references of organizations who have utilized your Pediatric CPR/First Aid course.
RFP responses are will be accepted on a rolling basis and are to be submitted electronically only to:
Pam Anderson, Child Care Resources Manager
Questions and inquiries may also be submitted Pam Anderson, Child Care Resources Manager, email@example.com (email preferred), or at (984) 214-1883.