New Teacher Orientation Classes
Child care directors, do you need help with new employee orientation? Is it hard for you to find the time to give employees the proper orientation they need to be a successful part of your program? The Chatham County Partnership for Children is now offering a no cost new teacher orientation program. We can provide up to 9 clock hours of orientation which includes 8 topics required by the Division of Child Development and Early Education. We will be offering these topics across three different 3-hour classes. You may send your new employee to any combination of classes. This is opportunity is only available to new employees in Chatham County child care centers.
Class A: Introduction *
- Active supervision of children
- Prevention of shaken baby syndrome, abusive head trauma and child maltreatment
- Prevention and control of infectious diseases
- Building relationships with young children
Class B: Rules and Activities *
- Child care rules and regulations
- Role of state and local government
- Employee’s obligation to cooperate with state and local government
- Developmentally appropriate practices
- North Carolina Foundations for Early Learning and Development
Class C: Enhanced Standards *
- Environment rating scale
- Star rating system
- Prevention of and response to emergencies due to food allergies and allergic reactions
- Chatham County Partnership for Children’s services
*The director will still be responsible for completing additional orientation hours and topics required in the first 2 weeks and 6 weeks of employment.
Classes A, B, and C will be offered on an ongoing basis. To see class dates please follow the link to go to our training calendar. www.chathamkids.org/trainings
We are offering incentives to Child Care Centers who send teachers to at least two classes and child care teachers who attend a class and complete the homework assignment. Please call for details.