The state of North Carolina has said that as of February 24th, child care staff will be eligible to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In Chatham County, the Health Department will be prioritizing child care staff over age 50 first.
Because there are currently more people waiting to receive the vaccine than doses available, it may take a long time for an appointment to become available. However, by signing up using the county’s Vaccine Information Tool RIGHT NOW, you have your best chance at receiving your vaccine as quickly as possible.
If you have additional questions about any of this information, you can email our Child Care Health Consultant Miranda Lanning at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also attend monthly Directors meetings with Miranda and Lisa Morgan on the 4th Friday of the month at 1:00pm to get information or ask questions.
Signing Up for the Vaccine
The Chatham County Health Department’s Vaccine Interest Tool is the easiest and most efficient way for you or any of your staff to let the Health Department know you want the COVID-19 Vaccine.
Visit https://bit.ly/2ZuANmm to complete Chatham County Health Department Vaccine Interest Tool form and to be entered into the COVID-19 vaccine database to get in line for the vaccine.
You can also call (919) 545-8323 and provide your contact information over the phone. The Vaccine Interest line operates from Monday-Thursday, 10 AM to 4PM for phone calls. Once you are in the database, the Health Department will contact you when an appointment becomes available.
Due to a limited supply of vaccine, in addition to completing the Vaccine Interest Tool, you are encouraged to seek appointments starting on February 24th at these other vaccine providers in/near Chatham County.
UNC Health (Chatham Hospital and Chapel Hill sites)
- Interested individuals can visit unchealthcare.org/schedule or call (984) 215-5485 to schedule an appointment when available.
Piedmont Health Services (Siler City and Moncure sites)
- To be placed on PHS’ interest list, please visit https://piedmonthealth.org/how-can-i-be-tested-for-covid19/ . You can also call (919) 545-3452
Walgreens locations (Siler City, Ramseur, Pittsboro, Asheboro)
Duke Health: Sites are in Durham
- For more information visit https://www.dukehealth.org/covid-19-update/covid-19-vaccine-update or call (919) 385-0429
Carolina Central Hospital (Lee County)
- Also accepting calls from people who are eligible to receive the vaccine. Call 919.777.7999 and leave your name, DOB and phone number. They call back within about 48 hours.
Siler City Pharmacy
- When the pharmacy gets vaccine, there will be a button on their website for scheduling appointment at https://silercitypharmacy.com/ and you can call for more information at 919-663-5541.
For a full list of options in North Carolina, visit https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/findyourspot
Chatham Transit is providing free transportation to anyone who needs help getting to their appointment to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Call 919-542-5136 for more information.
Things to consider when you or your staff get the vaccine:
- Because many people experience some temporary symptoms after the second dose of the vaccine, plan to take the day off (or plan for your staff to be absent) after you receive the second dose.
- We urge child care employers to provide paid time off for employees to receive the vaccine
- If you develop a fever with 24 hours after getting the vaccine- follow 24 hour fever free protocol for returning to work.
Vaccine Information Presentations
If you have other questions or concerns, we urge you to attend one of the FREE COVID-19 Vaccine Information presentations. They are from 6:30-7:30pm, and 1 DCDEE credit hour is provided. Encourage parents to join too. Register at the Partnership for Children training webpage. http://chathamkids.org/trainings/
Dates of these Vaccine Information Presentations are as follows:
Monday February 22nd
Thursday February 25th
Thursday March 4th
Monday March 8th
Wednesday March 10th
For more information about the vaccine you can call the Chatham County Public Health Department’s COVID-19 Vaccine Interest line at 919-545-8323 or visit the website at www.chathamnc.org/coronavirusvaccine. The Interest line operates from Monday-Thursday, 10 AM to 4PM.
For more general questions please call the NC Department of Health and Human Services Vaccine Helpline at 888-675-4567