The Board of Directors of the Chatham County Partnership for Children is made up of a group of community members who are committed to assuring that children are healthy, safe, and developmentally prepared to succeed in school.
Smart Start legislation mandates that key community leaders “come to the table.” Board members represent county government, human service agencies, religious and business communities, and families.
Visit our Volunteer page if you’d be interested in working with the Partnership on the Board, a committee, or other ways.
Visit our Agency Calendar to see our Board meeting dates.
- John Poteat, Chair – Town of Pittsboro
- Kebbler Williams, Vice Chair – NC Department of Public Instruction
- Julie Mashburn, Secretary – Chatham Child Development Center
- Mike Zelek, Treasurer – Chatham County Public Health Department
- Amanda McGrane – Lil’ Tikes Learning Academy
- Arlene Labenson – Retired Child Care Resource & Referral Professional
- Barbara Wallace – Community Representative
- Beryl Sherman – Community Representative
- Cindy King – Chatham County Schools
- Denise Fowler – Woodforest National Bank
- Denise Pickett – Educational Consultant
- Hayes Simpson – Community Member
- Karen Howard – Chatham County Commissioner (District 1)
- Laurie Stockton – Guardian Ad Litem
- Layton Long – Director, Chatham County Public Health Department
- Mark Hall – Provost, Central Carolina Community College
- Phyllis Smith – Chatham County Cooperative Extension
- Rose Swimm – Community Representative
- Sara Welch – Chatham County Department of Social Services
- Terry Lucas – UNC Hospital