The Board of Directors of the Chatham County Partnership for Children is made up of a group of community members who are committed to assuring that children are healthy, safe, and developmentally prepared to succeed in school.
Smart Start legislation mandates that key community leaders “come to the table.” Board members represent county government, human service agencies, religious and business communities, and families.
Visit our Volunteer page if you’d be interested in working with the Partnership on the Board, a committee, or other ways.
Visit our Agency Calendar to see our Board meeting dates.
- Laurie Stockton, Chair – Community Representative, Guardian Ad Litem
- Julie Mashburn, Vice Chair – Chatham Child Development Center
- Cindy King, Treasurer – Chatham County Schools
- Arlene Labenson – Retired Child Care Resource & Referral Professional
- Barbara Wallace – Community Representative, Retired Public Health Professional
- Ben Townsend – Chatham County Department of Social Services
- Holly Norton – Holly House Preschool LLC
- John Poteat – Town of Pittsboro
- Karen Barbee – Parent of Young Children, Owner Renaissance Wellness Services
- Karen Howard – Chatham County Commissioner (District 1)
- Kebbler Williams – Community Representative, NC Department of Public Instruction
- Leah Metcalf – Community Representative, UNC School of Education
- Lucy Wheeler – Chatham County Schools NCPK Teacher
- Mark Hall – Provost, Central Carolina Community College
- Michael Zelek – Chatham County Public Health Department
- Nellie Benitez – Chatham County Public Health Department
- Tishanna Fields – Community Representative, Child Development