The Board of Directors of the Chatham County Partnership for Children is made up of a group of community members who are committed to assuring that children are healthy, safe, and developmentally prepared to succeed in school.
Smart Start legislation mandates that key community leaders “come to the table.” Board members represent county government, human service agencies, religious and business communities, and families.
Visit our Volunteer page if you’d be interested in working with the Partnership on the Board, a committee, or other ways.
Visit our Agency Calendar to see our Board meeting dates.
- John Poteat, Chair – Town of Pittsboro
- Kebbler Williams, Vice Chair – NC Department of Public Instruction
- Terry Lucas, Secretary – UNC Hospital
- Mike Zelek, Treasurer – Chatham County Public Health Department
- Amanda McGrane – Lil’ Tikes Learning Academy
- April Woody – Child Care Provider in a Center
- Arlene Labenson – Retired Child Care Resource & Referral Professional
- Barbara Wallace – Community Representative
- Cheryl Fayne
- Cindy King – Chatham County Schools
- Daisy Womble
- Denise Pickett – Educational Consultant
- Hayes Simpson – Community Member
- Julie Mashburn – Chatham Child Development Center
- Karen Howard – Chatham County Commissioner (District 1)
- Layton Long – Director, Chatham County Public Health Department
- Mark Hall – Provost, Central Carolina Community College
- Rose Swimm
- Sara Welch – Chatham County Department of Social Services