The Board of Directors of the Chatham County Partnership for Children is made up of a group of community members who are committed to assuring that children are healthy, safe, and developmentally prepared to succeed in school.
Smart Start legislation mandates that key community leaders “come to the table.” Board members represent county government, human service agencies, religious and business communities, and families.
Visit our Volunteer page if you’d be interested in working with the Partnership on the Board, a committee, or other ways.
Visit our Agency Calendar to see our Board meeting dates.
- Carla Pedrotty, Chair – Owner, Little Sweet Potatoes Child Care
- Kebbler Williams, Vice Chair – Service Representative
- Terry Lucas, Secretary – Nurse Employment, UNC Hospitals
- Phyllis Smith, Treasurer – Family and Consumer Sciences, Chatham County Cooperative Extension
- April Woody – Chatham Child Development Center
- Arlene Labenson – Retired Child Care Resource & Referral Professional
- Carrie Little – Representative, Chatham County Schools
- Cheryl Fayne – Representative from a Business
- Daisy Womble – Community member
- Del Turner – Chatham County Board of Education
- Denise Pickett – Representative from a Business
- Hayes Simpson – Communications Professional
- Jennie Kristiansen – Chatham County Department of Social Services
- John Poteat – Town of Pittsboro
- Julie Mashburn – Chatham Child Development Center
- Karen Howard – Chatham County Commissioner (District 1)
- Layton Long – Director, Chatham County Public Health Department
- Mark Hall – Central Carolina Community College, Provost
- Michael Zelek – Chatham County Public Health Department
- Rose Swimm – Community member