The Board of Directors of the Chatham County Partnership for Children is made up of a group of community members who are committed to assuring that children are healthy, safe, and developmentally prepared to succeed in school.
Smart Start legislation mandates that key community leaders “come to the table.” Board members represent county government, human service agencies, religious and business communities, and families.
Visit our Volunteer page if you’d be interested in working with the Partnership on the Board, a committee, or other ways.
Visit our Agency Calendar to see our Board meeting dates.
- Michael Hobbs, Chair – UNC-Chapel Hill School of Education
- Kimberly Pugh, Vice Chair – Representative of the Community at Large
- Bryan Thompson, Treasurer – Representative from Chatham County Government
- Ben Townsend, Secretary – Chatham County Department of Social Services
- Arlene Labenson – Retired Child Care Resource & Referral Professional
- Cindy King – Chatham County Schools
- Holly Norton – Child Care Owner/Teacher, Holly House Preschool LLC
- Jessica Merricks – Parent of Young Children
- Julie Wilkerson – Chatham Health Alliance
- Karen Barbee – Parent of Young Children, Owner Renaissance Wellness Services
- Karen Davis Platt – Representative of the Community at Large
- Lori Lay – Child Care Provider, Country Day School
- Mike Dasher – Chatham County Commissioner (District 2)
- Nellie Benitez – Chatham County Public Health Department