All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card online via PayPal (if you want to pay by card, please select the PayPal option), check, or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
- This training has passed.
Supporting Children’s Creativity: A Rated License Preparation Training- Canceled
September 22 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$5.00
This training is part of a series designed to help teachers and directors with preparation for Rated License Assessments. Areas from the Environment Rating Scales that will be addressed include the art center, dramatic play, and sensory play. Participants will receive a follow up technical assistance visit to look at their classroom materials and teaching practices related to dramatic play and creative art through an Environment Rating Scale lens. After engaging in the training participants will:
- be able to differentiate between process art and product art, and why children benefit from exploring art materials in their own way.
- understand how dramatic play help builds language, social and emotional skills, as well as promotes higher order thinking
- learn how creativity benefits the whole child throughout life.
- understand the connection between process art and early writing skills.
Presented by Pam Anderson
Thursday September 22nd 6:30-8:30
Participants completing all requirements will be awarded 2.0 training hours
Chatham County DSS training room
Registration deadline: September 20th at 5pm