All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card online via PayPal (if you want to pay by card, please select the PayPal option), check, or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
- This training has passed.
Reframing Behaviors- Virtual Zoom Training
April 1, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$5.00
Children often engage in challenging behaviors that adults find difficult to manage. While difficult behaviors may be an expression of typical child development, mistaken behaviors may be communicating a greater need that adult caregivers may overlook. Punishing difficult or mistaken behaviors may stop the behavior in the moment, but it will not change the behavior over time. By helping to clarify the difference between these difficult and mistaken behaviors, as well as establishing the difference between punishment and discipline, we can explore new disciplinary practices that encourage connection and change behavior through teaching and guidance rather than power and control.
Presented by: Kelsey McCeney, KidSCope Mental Health Consultant
DCDEE Credit Hours: 2.0
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, March 30th at 5pm
Everyone who registers will receive an email two or three days prior to the training with instructions and a zoom link.
Virtual Training Requirements & Expectations
- Access to a mic and/or chat box is required during the entire length of the training.
- Virtual Trainings will involve numerous types of activities that must be completed to receive credit for the training. These may include verbal and/or chat responses, group polls, and breakout room discussions to name a few.
- Each participant’s involvement will be tracked throughout the training.
- Chat box responses will be accepted as active involvement for individuals who do not have a microphone.
- The Presenter may join breakout rooms to monitor participation.
- Completion of the pre & post surveys and teacher evaluation must be completed after the training to receive your training certificate.
NOTE: If no active participation is observed (i.e. chat box responses, verbal responses, polls) and surveys are not completed, then participants will not receive credit even if they were logged into the training for the entire time period of the training.
KidSCope mental health consultants provide screening and support to children birth-5 whose child care providers have concerns about their development, behavior, or ability to succeed in the classroom. Consultants provide support based on the needs of individual children and work with child care providers and families to create success strategies in the classroom. Services are provided free of charge and do not require a diagnosis.