All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card (online), check or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
- This training has passed.
Planning with a Purpose: Rethink your process to meet the individual needs of infants and toddlers.- Virtual Training
June 7, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm$12.00
This training is a two day training. Day one is June 7th from 6:30 to 9:00 and day 2 is June 14th from 6:30 to 9:00. You must attend both days in order to receive credit.
It’s true what they say, children learn through play. But how do you know you are planning the right play experiences for each child’s needs? Come explore the steps to successful planning that will give new purpose for your process. We will uncover why creating activity plans is an important part of being an intentional teacher. Discover how to use children’s observations to plan experiences that, when flexible and adaptable, impact each child’s current and future skills and abilities. Leave understanding that being purposeful in your planning is the best way to support infant and toddler development and learning. This training provides information that supports ITERS-R subscales: space and furnishings, listening and talking, activities, interactions, and program structure.
Presented by: Kris Lee, Sandy Weaver, and Melinda McCullen
DCDEE Credit Hours: .5 CEU’s (equals 5 DCDEE credit hours)
Registration Deadline: Thursday, June 3rd at 12pm
Everyone who registers will receive an email two or three days prior to the training with instructions and a zoom link.
Virtual Training Requirements & Expectations
- Access to a mic and/or chat box is required during the entire length of the training.
- Virtual Trainings will involve numerous types of activities that must be completed to receive credit for the training. These may include verbal and/or chat responses, group polls, and breakout room discussions to name a few.
- Each participant’s involvement will be tracked throughout the training.
- Chat box responses will be accepted as active involvement for individuals who do not have a microphone.
- The Presenter may join breakout rooms to monitor participation.
- Completion of the pre & post surveys and teacher evaluation must be completed after the training to receive your training certificate.
- Training certificates will be emailed to each participant within 1 week of the training.
NOTE: If no active participation is observed (i.e. chat box responses, verbal responses, polls) and surveys are not completed, then participants will not receive credit even if they were logged into the training for the entire time period of the training.