All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card (online), check or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
- This training has passed.
ITS SIDS July 20th
July 20, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$5.00
This Virtual training gives child care providers an overview of SIDS, identifies the risk factors and describes ways to reduce the risk of SIDS in childcare. Participants will review information about when and how to use the approved waivers, how to best place a baby in a bed to sleep, and other “best practice” recommendations. During the workshop, participants will get the needed information to create a Safe Sleep Policy, updated research about SIDS, and local health and safety resources.
Presented by: Kris Lee
DCDEE Credit Hours: 2.0 Registration Deadline: Friday, July 16th at 5pm
Everyone who registers will receive an email two or three days prior to the training with instructions and a zoom link. If you have not received the zoom link by the morning of the training, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Training Requirements & Expectations
- Access to a mic and/or chat box is required during the entire length of the training.
- Virtual Trainings will involve numerous types of activities that must be completed to receive credit for the training. These may include verbal and/or chat responses, group polls, and breakout room discussions to name a few.
- Each participant’s involvement will be tracked throughout the training.
- Chat box responses will be accepted as active involvement for individuals who do not have a microphone.
- The Presenter may join breakout rooms to monitor participation.
- Completion of the pre & post surveys and teacher evaluation must be completed after the training to receive your training certificate.
- Training certificates will be emailed to each participant within 1 week of the training.
- We ask that you do not attend this training while driving, supervising children, or while doing any task that requires your full attention.
NOTE: If no active participation is observed (i.e. chat box responses, verbal responses, polls) and surveys are not completed, then participants will not receive credit even if they were logged into the training for the entire time period of the training.