All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card online via PayPal (if you want to pay by card, please select the PayPal option), check, or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
- This training has passed.
FLIP IT! Transforming Challenging Behaviors- Virtual Training Copy
June 9, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm$12.00
This training is in two parts. Part 1 is Wednesday, June 9th from 6pm to 8:30pm and part 2 is Wednesday, June 16th from 6pm to 8:30pm. You must attend both nights in order to receive training credit.
Come to this learning session to learn the FLIP IT technique for transforming challenging behaviors. Four supportive steps to help young children learn about their feelings, gain self control and reduce challenging behaviors.
Feelings: Gently talk with the child about their feelings. Tell them what you see and hear as a result of their emotions. Help them to identify the root feelings causing the behaviors.
Limits: remind the child of positive limits and expectations you have for their behavior. Loving and simple limits help surround children with a sense of consistency, safety and trust.
Inquiries: Encourage the child to think about solutions to their challenges. Ask questions that promote problem-solving and healthy coping skills. Inquiries invite children to think, learn and gain self-control.
Prompts: Provide creative cues, clues, and suggestions for the child who is having difficultly. Enthusiastic, bright ideas can lead the way to better problem-solving skills.
Presented by: Ann Carter, Healthy Social Behaviors Specialist
DCDEE Credit Hours: 0.5 CEUs (accepted by DCDEE as 5 hours)
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, June 2nd
Everyone who registers will receive an email two or three days prior to the training with instructions and a zoom link.
Virtual Training Requirements & Expectations
- Access to a mic and/or chat box is required during the entire length of the training.
- Virtual Trainings will involve numerous types of activities that must be completed to receive credit for the training. These may include verbal and/or chat responses, group polls, and breakout room discussions to name a few.
- Each participant’s involvement will be tracked throughout the training.
- Chat box responses will be accepted as active involvement for individuals who do not have a microphone.
- The Presenter may join breakout rooms to monitor participation.
- Completion of the pre & post surveys and teacher evaluation must be completed after the training to receive your training certificate.
- Training certificates will be emailed to each participant within 1 week of the training.
NOTE: If no active participation is observed (i.e. chat box responses, verbal responses, polls) and surveys are not completed, then participants will not receive credit even if they were logged into the training for the entire time period of the training.