All training events require pre-registration online. Payment may be made by card (online), check or cash. Check/cash customers please note that your registration is not valid until we receive payment. Refunds/Credits: Credit is issued only if you cancel by the registration deadline. Refunds are only issued if the Partnership cancels the event.
- This training has passed.
Materials and Activities Part 2 (Virtual)
November 30, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$5.00
In this two part training series participants will learn what toys and equipment to include in each learning center based on the way materials are assessed in the Environment Rating Scales. We will also focus on why the specific materials are important to children’s development and how teachers can use them learning an to promote learning and growth. At the end of each workshop, child care staff will be ready to accurately inventory their classroom and make adjustments to their environment and teaching practices to enhance children’s learning.
Part 1 will focus on science, fine motor, math and blocks
Part 2 will focus on dramatic play, books and literacy, creative art and sensory, and music and movement.
You are not required to take both part 1 and part 2 in order to receive credit but it is highly encouraged that you attend both in order to maximize learning opportunities in your entire classroom.
Presented by: Pam Anderson
DCDEE Credit Hours: 2.0
Registration Deadline: Friday, November 26th
Everyone who registers will receive an email one or two days prior to the training with instructions and a zoom link. If you have not received the zoom link on the day of the training please email Meredith@chathamkids.org before 5pm.
Virtual Training Requirements & Expectations
- Access to a mic and/or chat box is required during the entire length of the training.
- Virtual Trainings will involve numerous types of activities that must be completed to receive credit for the training. These may include verbal and/or chat responses, group polls, and breakout room discussions to name a few.
- Each participant’s involvement will be tracked throughout the training.
- Chat box responses will be accepted as active involvement for individuals who do not have a microphone.
- The Presenter may join breakout rooms to monitor participation.
- Completion of the pre & post surveys and teacher evaluation must be completed after the training to receive your training certificate.
NOTE: If no active participation is observed (i.e. chat box responses, verbal responses, polls) and surveys are not completed, then participants will not receive credit even if they were logged into the training for the entire time period of the training.